Who We Are
FIC Leaders of Innovation and Future Thought (FIC LIFT) is FIC’s newest Student Leadership Program! Members of this team are the ones who host large campus-wide events such as Model United Nations, University Case Competition, FIC’s Got Talent, and more! These hard working individuals are creative FIC students and alumni that come up with unique and innovative ideas to engage all of the FIC Community!
What We Do
FIC LIFT members work closely with Student Experience to organize school-wide events for FIC students. They meet once a week to brainstorm ideas for FIC events. They collaborate with the Student Experience Team, FIC staff members, as well as FIC instructors to be part of their events. They are responsible for coordinating FIC campus-wide events from A-Z, including marketing and promotion of their event, event logistics, volunteer recruitment, event set-up and more! In any event that they host, FIC LIFT tries to focus on creating opportunities for FIC students to build their leadership skills personally and professionally.
Some of the events previously hosted that would now be the responsibility of FIC LIFT include Model United Nations, where students engage in a debate over global topics such as women’s rights and sustainability as well as University Case Competition where students compete on public speaking and present in front of judges over the course of two weeks!
Benefits of Joining
- Gain professional experience and build on leadership traits including creativity and teamwork skills
- Be part of creating opportunities for students to develop their skills and to promote community building between FIC students
- Have the chance to work closely with the Student Experience Team and to receive recognition from FIC staff and instructors
Commitment to the Program
- Two-hour meeting with Student Experience per week
- Team meetings throughout the semester with other FIC LIFT members
- Support in events planned out by FIC LIFT team
- Bringing creativity and thoughtfulness into FIC LIFT events coordination
- Working collaboratively in diverse teams with an emphasis on strong communication and supporting your team by utilizing your strengths while also learning from team members
- Two-semester consecutive commitment in order to receive a certificate of completion