Travelling to Canada

Travelling to Canada Fall 2020 

Welcome. This website is for new or returning students arriving from outside of Canada to begin the Fall 2020 term at Fraser International College. 

While your program components are all available online, we recommend you remain in your home country until travel restrictions change.

Current Government of Canada regulations require that anyone arriving from outside of Canada must self-quarantine for 14 days. 


Students who are coming to Canada must complete the following steps: 

  1. Read the FIC International Student Travel Guide 
  2. Complete the FIC Student Self-Isolation Questionnaire a minimum of 10 days prior to travelling
  3. Complete the mandatory government BCSelf-Isolation Plan prior to arriving to Cananda
  4. Complete the federal ArriveCAN application prior to arriving to Canada

If you are in need of financial assistance to help with costs associated with quarantine, you may apply for the Navitas Canada Financial Aid Bursary here. This bursary is open to students who will be in Canada for Fall 2020. 

  • Guide
  • Questionnaire

All students are responsible for making themselves aware of the requirements and are required to follow the FIC Isolated or Quarantined Student Policy.

Travel Support Letters

Currently, all programming is available remotely, with the exception of PHYS1141, so travel support letters will become available once in-person classes resume for specific programs.

While your program components are all available online, we recommend you remain in your home country until travel restrictions change.  

Only those students who are exempt from the current travel restrictions AND have an in-person component to their studies, research or teaching will be eligible to receive a letter of support. 

This means: 

  • You hold a valid study permit or you have been approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020; AND
  • You have an in-person course or courses (lectures, labs and/or tutorials) or in-person teaching or research requirements.

If you are enrolled in PHYS1141 you must compete the Travel Support Letter Request form a minimum of 10 days prior to travelling.

Please note: Even with a support letter from FIC and a self-isolation plan, you may not be guaranteed entry to Canada, and it is recommended that you contact theBorder Information Service for more information before travelling.

A Border Services officer will make a final decision on your eligibility to enter Canada at the Port of Entry.

For more information regarding Frequently Asked Questions, Covid19 Policies and Procedures, and the Return to Campus Safety Plan, please visit the Covid19 Updates and FAQs page.