The enrolment team is here to support all students during the enrolment period every semester. In order to provide an efficient and effective enrolment experience, please ensure that you read all of the instructions and follow the procedures outlined below. If you do not read and follow the instructions carefully, it can impact the efficiency of the overall enrolment process.
Course Planning for Enrolment
Please check out the FIC Enrolment Guide 2021 for useful information on:
- Semester Guide: Understanding Full Term, Intersession 1, and Intersession 2
- Types of Learning: Synchronous learning vs asynchronous learning
- Study Load: Minimum, maximum, and reduced course loads as well as course overloads
- Which Option is Right for Me? Useful knowledge to consider
- Enrolment Checklist for Returning & New Students: A guideline for important dates
- Additional Resources: For more independent research afterward!
This document includes all of the information about the upcoming courses that will be offered in Spring 2021. You will be able to see the instructors as well as the class days, times and method of delivery. Use this document to course plan for Fall. Remember to speak with an advisor to ensure the course combinations you are intending to take are manageable and fits your program requirements!
This document is to be used with the Spring 2021 Course Schedule to keep track of the classes you would like to take. Use this to make up to 5 different plans, set goals for the next semester, and track your required and elective courses.
FAQs of Enrolment
Before sending an email to the enrolment team, please read the Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs) below so that you can avoid sending emails regarding topics already covered. This will aid in the efficiency of the enrolment process so that you can have a positive enrolment experience.
Please continue trying to enroll. Refresh the page and continue to check back frequently. The enrolment team will be adding space in classes and other students will be adding/dropping so please be patient and continue checking your enrolment page.
Enrolment cannot help with class times or instructors. During enrolment you will need to keep checking the student portal for openings in classes for the times and instructors you would like. Our first priority is to get you into the classes you need to graduate.
Please check the different payment methods here: https://www.fraseric.ca/payment-options. You are welcome to add funds if you would like to take an extra class or you are a little short! As long as you paid the minimum by the deadline, you won’t be charged any extra fees.
We are happy to help you course plan when we return! However, you can find all the program information on our website: https://students.fraseric.ca/program-information/. On this website, you can see which classes are required/electives for each program and easily plan your courses out.
In order for students to be eligible for a Reduced Course Load, students will need to have met the criteria:
- Taken and passed 10 courses with a D grade or higher
- Achieved at least a CGPA of 2.35 or higher
- Have a valid study permit
- Spoken to an immigration consultant. Understand and agree to be responsible for all associated risks with being a part-time student
After checking in with an advisor, you can then submit your course overload request through the Study Load Modification Request form.
The deadline to change your major was August 3rd, 2019. If you request a program change during enrolment, we cannot guarantee that it will be completed in time for you to enroll. We will do our best to complete your request by the end of the enrolment period.
Please email us a copy of your deferral form. You can find this on the Student Portal under "Documents" - "Forms". Please also send us a copy of your flight ticket if you plan on returning home. A $200 deferral fee will be removed from your account as well. Your deferral will be processed at the start of the semester.
Please check your student portal under Documents - Exams - "Application for Appeal of Final Results" for the procedure of appealing your final grade. The first step you will need to take is to email your instructor and ask for them to recalculate your final grade.
Please fill out the fee refund form. You can find this on the Student Portal under "Documents" - "Forms" - "FIC Fee Refund Form." Once you fill this out, please send it to email@example.com They will transfer the money to SFU for you at that time.
Enrolment Time Slot
Your enrolment time-slots are usually assigned within two weeks of the end of classes for each semester. You can check your enrolment page at the appropriate time and it should show you the exact date and time when you can begin enrolling. Please feel free to check it for more information.
Please note that when you email enrolment, it will take a minimum of 3 business days to receive a response. There is usually a high volume of emails during the enrolment period, so it is important to be patient and wait for a response. Here are some things to remember when sending an email to the enrolment team:
- The more emails we receive, the longer it takes us to respond. If you send multiple emails, the duplicates will be deleted and only the last email you sent will be reviewed. To ensure that your enrolment issues are resolved, please send only one email with your request.
- It is important that you only email enrolment when your time -slot is open and you are actually allowed to enrol. We are unable to process requests for students who send emails before their student account is open for enrolment.
- Please email from your FIC email account or your alternative email (if you are unable to access your FIC Gmail account).
- Please write your FIC student ID, and your first name and last name in the subject line of the email.
When emailing enrolment (firstname.lastname@example.org), please follow the template below in order to facilitate a smooth enrolment process:
My name is First Name Last Name and my FIC student ID is __________
- My request is:
- The reason why:
- If that is not possible, please consider:
Thank you very much,
First Name Last Name
For important tips and advice on how to have a positive enrolment experience, please watch the video below.